Pages

Sunday 3 May 2015

Ruched Black And White Stripe Dress

I have been working with the Drape Drape 2 book again.



 I am a bit of a bore here and sadly no new design to share. 




It's the same pattern with the altered top that I used for my first version in an awesome royal blue colour:  http://mycolourfultexture.blogspot.com/2015/02/royal-blue-draped-dress.html
Well I guess it's my favourite sewing pattern to use with stretch fabrics... ^_^

The hem of my new dress is slightly longer (about 2 cm), neckline simpler and the jersey fabric is a bit warmer. I fell in love with the fabric when I first saw it and since I don't have anything in stripes I really wanted to use it.



















I was working on this dress when it was really warm and sunny and remember thinking to myself: 'Oh man, I'll have to wait until winter to wear this dress..'' with a sad face. 
How wrong was I! Be careful what you wish for as they say.. It suddenly got so cold that not only did I get to wear this striped dress now but I also took my green winter coat out again.

Note:  While sewing I experimented with a few stitches and machine feet and discovered that my Bernina can do a blind/ invisible stitch.  

 It's Bernina foot no 5 and looks like this:

Add caption

I was such a relief to learn that, from now on no more (or much less) hand stitching!^_^ 
When you try to achieve a minimalist look of your garment and don't want any top stitching then this blind stitch is perfect. I used it on the hem, sleeves and even to secure the interfacing around the neckline.




Malgosia

No comments:

Post a Comment